27.9.05

Just for Vickie

Vickie, over at The Moveable Feast Food Blog, requested the potato hash we had with the meatloaf. So, just for YOU, Vickie - here it is.

I confess: I actually stole this off the Food Network: Good Deal with Dave Lieberman (essentially, Gourmet for those of us on a budget), who has lots of yummy recipes and tips. I modified it for what we had in the house, and unfortunately I don't remember what exactly I did so it will never turn out quite the same but that's okay, because with this much butter and cream, it can't taste bad!

Here's his recipe:

Basil Chive Red Potato Hash

2 lbs. red-skinned new potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), chopped into peices
handful of chopped chives
handful of chopped basil

Boil potatoes until tender in salted water (start with cold water), then drain. This should take about 25 minutes. Add cream and butter to pan, then mash potatoes. Add herbs and mix. Viola! I think I used white potatoes (skin on), 1/2 and 1/2 instead of cream and a little less butter. I also used scallions because I didn't have chives. And I think I said cheese, but looking back now, I don't think I did...though a little white cheddar might be scrumptious too :)


3 comments from you:

vlb5757 said...

Aren't you just too funny! I almost fainted when I saw my name up there. It was totally freaky! I now will be having this for dinner tomorrow night. When I do my shopping for my client tomorrow I will take my own ingredient list and get ready for dinner. The potatoes will go great with my Oprah recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken and maybe some Sweet Peas with carrots. Gotta have a balanced plate for the photo!! Thanks for the shock, the belly laugh in front of the computer and best of all...THE RECIPE!!!! Photos will be on my blog late tomorrow night!

vlb5757 said...

Okay, now I have returned the favor and you have to see my post!!

Michelle said...

You're very welcome - I can't wait to see the finished composition!