13.2.08

Does anyone else find this as funny as I do?

Bunghole Liquors - Salem, Massachusetts

I learned from the winery where I work that a "bunghole" refers to:

"A hole bored into a liquid tight barrel, the hole capped with a large cork-like object called a bung." ~ Wikipedia

We, in fact, have many barrels of wine with bungholes and bungs in the winery - and I draw my chemistry samples from these bungholes nearly every time I am there. So, while my mind tends to wander to other possible definitions, and some child-like snickering is thus inevitable, this is truly a suitable name for a store that sells wine and liquor.

But I still think it's funny.

3 comments from you:

vlb5757 said...

Can you hear me doing that childish snickering thing?? Geez,what a name for a liquor store. I wonder how much thought that took. And how do they explain that name to their children?? lol!

Anonymous said...

Um, YES, that is funny. You drawing wine from a bunghole is funny, too.

Michelle said...

Vickie, he he, I knew I could count on you. And I never thought about the children thing...maybe they missed the whole Beavis and Butthead era because they're too young and such a word just rolls off...but probably not.

Sally, thanks. Please stop picturing me drawing wine from bungholes now. ;)