15.8.08

My Computer Went Kaput, Kaboom, KABLAM!

Sorry I've been delayed in responding to your comments. Sadly, my computer crashed (um, died is a better word) and we have been unable to revive it as of yet (I haven't even been successful in getting it to turn on, although LB was able to at least get it make that *hello* chime finally - yay LB! - but still, no picture). When did we all suddenly become so dependent on our computers? How did we ever live without them?! And email? I used that computer every single day, for many hours a day - and now I feel so disconnected! It's a strange electronic world, but I can't help but love it. And I miss it! I keep trying to tell myself that maybe this will be good for me. And for getting more work done...maybe...

Hopefully I'll be back up blogging soon, but since I have no where to download my pictures or even a computer to check your wonderful blogs on regularly (work is busy too, but lucky for me today is a holiday so I have the lab, with all its free computers, nearly to myself. Hawaii has lots of extra holidays...I love Hawaii.). I guess what I am saying is: it just might be a little while until I can get a new one. Hopefully not too long. I'm going to try to get my post up for this month's Heart of the Matter (you should join in too - there's still another week left before the entries are due on the 25th!) even if it is sans picture and I hope to be able to at least come around to your blogs and say hello a few times in the meantime. A hui hou, my friends! (until we meet again!)

9 comments from you:

cookiecrumb said...

How can you NOT have a computer?
Get a new one! Pronto!

Amanda on Maui said...

Hi, someone on another blog said they are a friend of yours and directed me to your blog. I'll be keeping an eye on it as I live on Maui and would love to read a local gluten-free blog.

Amanda on Maui said...

Ooops, I thought you were gluten-free too. Well, I'll still be interested.

Zoomie said...

Uh-oh. Poor you!

Michelle said...

Cookie, I KNOW! Send money and I'll have one before you know it!!

Amanda, Thanks for coming by! I am local, but you're right, I don't have issues with gluten. I do read many blogs that are (you can pick some of them out from the side bar, but Aprovechar and Gluten Free Goddess are two others - though I see the latter link got deleted when I lost them all - I'll have to add it back). Several of my recipes do not include gluten in them (though I have been meaning to make that a tag so they are easier to find). Anyhew - glad you found me, so that I could find you!

Zoomie, Yeah, that's how I feel too: poor me!!

vlb5757 said...

I know what you mean about computers. I had a thought the other day when I went to the mail box to actually snail mail a bill. The PO said the box was going to be removed. Pretty soon old folks like me are going to have to do on-line banking because all the mail boxes will be gone. Just makes one wonder. Good luck wih getting a new computer. There are so many choices it will make your head spin!

Anonymous said...

My computer going on the fritz nearly drove me insane. In the end it drove me to the Mac store for a new-and-improved one. ;)

Michelle said...

WHAT? They're removing mailboxes now?? But I love snail mail too! Just in a different sort of way...

Got the new computer in, now I'm just working out the bugs and should have it up and running in another day or so!!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Having been out of internet range or it was so slow and cranky it was worse than none, it does give one pause. Aren't new computers a dream? Glad it's all good again.