23.3.09

Don't Forget to Vote for your Favorite HotM Recipes!

Don't forget to vote for your Favorite Recipe and the entry with the Best Presentation from this month's round-up for Finger Foods for our 2 year Birthday Bash! You needn't have entered the actual event to vote for your favorite entries! There are prizes for each category: the winner of the favorite recipe category will win a special box coming all the way from Ilva's home country, Italy, packed with goodies, including black rice from Veneto, a small bottle with White Truffle Scented Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar Jelly and Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans from Slitti! The winner of the presentation category will be sent a box from Michelle's state, Hawaii, full of delicious tropical treats, including Waialua Estate Single Origin Hawaiian dark chocolate, Red Alaea Salt, and Hawaiian grown macadamia nuts and Planted by the River Guava curd (this is one of the last remaining bottles of these special curds - the couple running the company has decided to stop selling them and they are no longer available, which is really a very sad thing because they are amazing! see Heidi's review here and here)!

The winners will be announced on March 25th, so you have until tomorrow night at midnight (Hawaii time, which is probably well into Wednesday for many of you) to vote for your favorites. Send your votes to me at phillipslayden AT gmail DOT com.

6 comments from you:

tacosalad said...

this is an interesting thing. I'll have to check this out next month.

Coco said...

Hi, Michelle.

Sorry for leaving an irrelevant comment (I couldn't find your e-mail address), but I'm writing after reading your post about CSA (Just Add Water). I was wondering the box in a picture is a box for Individual or Family. I am about to order a box from them, but cannot figure out which box I should order for my family of two (a hubby & me). Mahalo, Coco

Michelle said...

Taco Salad, please do!

Coco,
It's a picture of the gourmet box (so...individual I think). It's only my hubby and I and I find that it's just right for 2 to get through in a single week - IF you are good about cooking every night or at least putting thought into making sure everything gets used before it goes bad. We now only order it every other week because the stuff in the box is so similar and my husband doesn't like kale much (you get it every week) and I couldn't keep up with all that by myself! We still run out after a week, but it allows us to get a bit more variety in too. On another note, a group I am with is going to be doing a tour of Kimberly's gardens in May (the 8th I think) so if you're interested in joining us, shoot me an email at phillipslayden AT gmail DOT com.

Zoomie said...

Happy Easter to you in Hawaii from us here in Sunny California!

Soma said...

Dear Michelle I have received my packet from Ilva! Thank you ladies SO much for the gifts!! We just love it!

Michelle said...

Zoomie, to you too!

Soma,
I'm so glad you liked it! Once again, Congratulations! and thanks for being a part of HotM! ;)